In today’s newsletter from Yelp, they announced that they have added “Message the business” as a free new feature in your business listing. This feature will be available to all businesses who have claimed their free listing on yelp.
Their hope with this new feature, is to enable customers the chance to start a conversation with the businesses, in hopes that it will result in more leads and sales. I will be interested to see if this leads to more sale calls via yelp. When facebook rolled out their direct message feature, it seemed like it would be the greatest feature. However, the truth is, 90% of the messages we receive are from sales people and not from potential clients.
I would love to hear back on what your seeing at your business with this new feature.
Below is the article that was featured in today’s Yelp Newsletter.
“New feature add to Yelp’s free business listing Direct Messaging through Yelp
Potential Customers Can Now Message You Directly Through Yelp!
Ely L., Product Manager
We’re excited to announce a new free feature on your Yelp business page called ‘Message the business.’ This feature is rolling out for all businesses who have claimed their free business owner’s account and is a great way to get new customer leads from Yelp.
As Wade Lombard, founder of Square Cow Movers in Austin, TX puts it, “This feature is a conversation starter. Responding takes just a few minutes and it almost always leads to further correspondence or a phone conversation. We believe that responding quickly helps to show the client we deeply care about winning their business.”
Not sure how to access or respond to your messages? Here’s how it works:
• When a customer sends you a message, Yelp will notify you via email and include the contents of the customer’s message.
• This notification will be sent to the same email address you use to log into your business owner’s account.
• You can reply directly to this email without logging in.
• You can access all of your messages from the ‘Messages’ section of your business owner’s account.
• If you would prefer not to receive written inquiries from potential customers, you can disable the feature in the ‘Messages’ section of your business owner’s account.
If you have any feedback on improving this feature, please fill out this form. ”