A client of mine was a bit worried because she thought her spa wasn’t showing up on Apple’s Maps, and she asked me to research this for her.
It turns out her business was listed on the Maps application, but I decided to brush up on this anyways. I spent about an hour or so reading articles and there seems to be one consensus; there is no sure-fire way to be listed! However, there are 3 things you can do to increase the likelihood of being listed.
1. Add Your Local Business to Apple Maps:
- Open up the Maps application on iPhone/iPad and search for your business and location. For Example “Verabella Spa Beverly HIlls.”
- If your business doesn’t appear in the search results, do the following steps:
- Select the “page curl” located at the bottom right corner of the map page (Once you do this the application will reveal a few options.).
- Select “Report a Problem.”
- Select the problem you are currently having, “ Location is missing.” Then select “Next.”
- Then the application will ask you to place the “pin” in the correct location on the map. After doing that select “Next.”
- Enter your business information and click “Send.”
2. Add Your Business to Yelp:
It seems that Apple is pulling information from your Yelp profile page. Be sure that you have claimed your profile page and completely filled out your listing. Below are the steps to adding your business to Yelp in the event you haven’t done so already:
- Search for your business on Yelp.
- If your business doesn’t appear in the search results, scroll to the bottom of the page and add your business to Yelp.
- Fill out all of the information they ask for and then make sure to save your specific Yelp URL so you can come back in about a week and claim your business listing.
3. Add Your Business to Localeze and Tom Tom: