Take control of your online reputation by claiming your Yelp business listing. It’s simple and FREE.
By claiming your business listing you’ll be able to respond publicly and privately to online reviews, add photos, and additional information about your business such as, hours, website address, specialties, history, and an owner introduction.
By claiming your Yelp page and taking the time to add supplemental information your chances of increased search visibility and ranking will improve on Yelp and on all other search engines as well. Yelp is indexed by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other major search engines and used in their rankings.
Follow these simple steps to take control of your online reputation.
- Visit https://biz.yelp.com
- Click on Create your free account now.
- Search for your business – Select your business from the list. If you don’t see your business, select add your business to Yelp at the very bottom of the page. Fill out the information Yelp is asking for and click the submit button.
- If your business is on Yelp, select the correct listing and follow the instructions on how to claim your business. This involves creating a Yelp account, don’t worry it’s free. Yelp’s automated system will call you and you will need to enter a 4-digit code over the phone. This is done to ensure that someone else will not be able to claim your business.
Now that this is done, time to complete your profile. As I mentioned earlier filling out the specialties, history, and meet the owner sections is one of the most important parts. It is very important to use key words in these sections to ensure your business is found when someone is searching.
Take the following final step to complete your yelp profile:
1. Go to Account Information and select “Email Notification and Language Settings”, ensure that “Send me an email when someone reviews my business is selected”. This feature will alert you each time your business is reviewed.
2. Select “Business Information” and add your hours, photos, website address, specialties, history, and meet the owner.
This entire process should only take you about an hour to complete and is a must have tool to grow your business. Before most people try out a new restaurant or service they will go to Yelp first. It’s important to maintain your footing there and present a positive, informative Yelp presence.
A client of mine was a bit worried because she thought her spa wasn’t showing up on Apple’s Maps, and she asked me to research this for her.
It turns out her business was listed on the Maps application, but I decided to brush up on this anyways. I spent about an hour or so reading articles and there seems to be one consensus; there is no sure-fire way to be listed! However, there are 3 things you can do to increase the likelihood of being listed.
1. Add Your Local Business to Apple Maps:
- Open up the Maps application on iPhone/iPad and search for your business and location. For Example “Verabella Spa Beverly HIlls.”
- If your business doesn’t appear in the search results, do the following steps:
- Select the “page curl” located at the bottom right corner of the map page (Once you do this the application will reveal a few options.).
- Select “Report a Problem.”
- Select the problem you are currently having, “ Location is missing.” Then select “Next.”
- Then the application will ask you to place the “pin” in the correct location on the map. After doing that select “Next.”
- Enter your business information and click “Send.”
2. Add Your Business to Yelp:
It seems that Apple is pulling information from your Yelp profile page. Be sure that you have claimed your profile page and completely filled out your listing. Below are the steps to adding your business to Yelp in the event you haven’t done so already:
- Search for your business on Yelp.
- If your business doesn’t appear in the search results, scroll to the bottom of the page and add your business to Yelp.
- Fill out all of the information they ask for and then make sure to save your specific Yelp URL so you can come back in about a week and claim your business listing.
3. Add Your Business to Localeze and Tom Tom: